Monday, April 09, 2007

 

annatzrenja@Photobucket with a Renamed, Re-sourced Staley Creek Photo



This is an odd situation. I found an access of one of my pictures of a syrfid fly with this referrer: http://www.ghettodriveby.com/beelike/.

ghettodriveby is an image search engine that returns a single image for a keyword. This is the only one of my pictures which has been accessed this way.

I plugged in some keywords I thought might be unique to my work, and eventually plugged in Staley Creek and bingo! this picture showed up. I was pleased.

Then I looked at the image url:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/annatzrenja/dStaleyCreek2robotvegetable.gif

(UPDATE MOMENTS LATER: While I was composing this post, ghettodriveby changed and is now sourcing the image from its original location. The photobucket image url still resolves.)


This is my image, renamed by adding most of my nom de ars to the filename, and served from photobucket. I don't know if I like this or not.

I have created an account, and asked support how to see the context of this image, for all I know, the person is saying what a great photographer I am and listing my blog. They tell me there is no way to get in touch with another account holder. I must complain to discover, and so I have. Yuck.

Here's the entire Staley Creek archive - I had great fortune there last summer.

and, um, Thanks! annatzrenja@photobucket, at least for giving me another chance to show this picture off. I hope you aren't stealing my picture.

UPDATE 24 April 2007: Photobucket has removed the image.

Comments:
hello hello!!!
i`m annatzrenja@photobucket...i`m sooo sorry for your troubles!!! i don`t know how this all happend.. i just know i saw your picture and it was very beautiful, but i never re-named one of your pictures... i don``t know how that could happend...
i didn`t steal your photo and i just can say sorry for the troubles...
sorry sorry sorry..
ähh...yes, your pictures are wonderfull!!!
:)
 
Hi!
Thank you so much for leaving this comment. I really didn't think you were stealing, the renaming made it look okay, but since I couldn't look at the context.
This makes me wonder if some web tools do this kind of thing automatically. It wouldn't be too hard to incorporate.
Thank you again, I love sharing my work, and I am happy you like it!
 
oops, left out part of a sentence:

... since I couldn't look at the context, I feel obliged to claim my work and make an effort to correct attributions.

I'm giving my work away, happy if people use my bandwidth.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?