Tuesday, June 13, 2006

 

the-lorax88 and the Light in Hendricks Park



It's that time of year, and the-lorax88 was one history test away from being done with school! I saw the hotlink show up at Ari's Friends, which I guess is an aggregated group blog. No doubt, there's an Evelyn the Modified Blog out there by now (checks) hmmm. I'm surprised, is everyone out digging him up to run for president next time? Hey, big opportunity, here. Arf!

All that aside, Congratulations to the-lorax88 for being done with school! And to illustrate the triumph, the-lorax88 has chosen one of my picture of Hendricks Park. I seldom visit this ridgetop park, but that day something dragged me up there. Thanksgiving was close, and I didn't have any wild turkey pictures. I arrived in the park thrilled by the misty sunbeams, and walked right up to a rafter!

The Thanksgiving Picture is nice, but I really prefer the one shown above, and this one.

Thank you the-lorax88! for displaying my picture, and prompting me to realise it's about time I did a better job of organizing Middle-Fork. There are over 600 pictures, now, and it took me a while to find the turkeys.

Extra Bonus track:


Evelyn, a Modified Dog by Frank Zappa

Evelyn, a modified dog
Viewed the quivering fringe of a special doily
Draped across the piano, with some surprise

In the darkened room
Where the chairs dismayed
And the horrible curtains
Muffled the rain
She could hardly believe her eyes

A curious breeze
A garlic breath
Which sounded like a snore
Somewhere near the Steinway (or even from within)
Had caused the doily fringe to waft & tremble in the gloom

Evelyn, a dog, having undergone
Further modification
Pondered the significance of short-person behavior
In pedal-depressed panchromatic resonance
And other highly ambient domains...

Arf she said

Comments:
Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Flowers information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!
 
Liked all the photographs...even camera can talk if it's used by a magician...how about doing a series on Rilke's elegies?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?