Monday, December 19, 2005

 

Hotlinks from MySpace.com

There have been five hotlinks coming from MySpace.com. Three of them have been part of a profile page, and the other two in the list of friends comments. I've been unable to contact any of them, as far as I know. I haven't heard back.

I will describe the latest four. First up is an old friend.


a photograph looking up a forest creek with light streaming through the trees

This picture is on THE FA11EN TM's profile page. Apparently, he's a 21 year old male from Soledad, California. He started using this image on 23 Oct 2005 and it's been on his page ever since. I tried messaging to no avail - I will again eventually.

This picture certainly appeals to quite a range of people, from Mr. FA11EN TM to Miss ForgetfullyPink.


a photograph looking up a forest creek with light streaming through the trees

This orange rose was on Brittani's profile page for two days earlier this month, the 7th and 8th of Decemeber 2005. She's using a snowflake pattern now. I tried to contact her, maybe she got spooked. Anyway, thank you Brittani for using my picture for a few days!


a photograph of a cat face rubbing on a big toe

Sabaki and my foot are in the friends comments on melody's profile page. The picture was included in a comment by Jess, who hails from the interestingly named Smithsoniantonville, Alabama. Is this for real? I think not, but it's cool! Points for wonkish creativity!

I had despaired of contacting people here by the time this showed up. It was posted on the 15th of December 2005, and I continue to serve the image up.
Thank you, Jess!



a photograph of a gopher snake

I photographed this snake at the trailhead of the Woodpecker Loop Trail at the William L. Finley National Wildlife Refuge. It appeared in the friends comments of Mr. White's profile page, and in a particularly cool way. From 10 Nov 2005 to 6 Dec 2005 it was part of a slideshow which scroll a whole bunch of gopher pictures, and then the gopher snake. By the time I saw it, the effect was spoiled by the picture immediately preceding it having a "HEY! THIS IS MINE!" notice, and a few more strident sentences whose precise nature I have forgotten.

This is one reason it's okay with me for the picture to be sans credit: it would have spoiled the effect. I seem to recall that Katrin! was the friend commenting. Wow! Katrin! has a very nice flower spider picture as her back ground. I should point her at my Spiders archive.

And thanks! whoever it was that created the slideshow, very cool hotlink.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?