Sunday, December 18, 2005

 

Hotlink License

After finding this in the rules at the EasternUSwx Forum:

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

I realised I needed to have a hotlink policy, akin to shrinkwrap licenses. I've looked around some, but I can't find anything that describes what I want.

This is a collection of shrinkwrap language that various places use.

Until I can get someone with legal training to craft some language, this what I will use:

By hotlinking to an image on Middle-Fork, Far Cartouche, or Hotlinking the Vegetable:

1) You have purchased the image for the limited use in the specific context of the hotlink;

2) I have your permission to attempt to contact you within the context of the hotlink to communicate the terms of this contract;
3) I retain my copyright in all other cases - specifically:

You do not have permission to host the image from another location.
You do not have permission to sell the image.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?